I know it has only been five days since the first post, but it raining today. Ryan (what a follower, HAHA) came over last night and helped drop two trees that I am most certain would have come down on the house some time in the the next year in a storm. The trees in the back yard are about a 10% done. I still have lots of chopping to do in the back.
I met the neighbour to our left yesterday. He doesn't live there, but uses it for his shop. He seemed to have an agenda with the way he was making statements, but then didn't follow through with asking/ telling anything. I don't know! maybe thats just the way he is, other then that he seems like a nice guy and what better neighbour to have then one that doesn't live there. Perfect!
The Internet: The first priority when we moved was getting the internet up. In order to do this I had to build a 60 ft tower (50ft with a 10ft mast). So I worked to get this done and finally them came and installed some sort of transmitter on the top of the tower. AND IT SUCKS! So randomly the server just shuts off and when I say random I mean every two-three mins. I have brought this to the providers attention and they said they would work on it, but if it stays like this we are going to have to change to something else. Mind you I don't have the internet to research what that something else will be.
This weekend we are having a thank you dinner for everyone that helped us get to this point. I hope that there is good weather. I would really like to have a bon-fire and rain would kinda put a damper on that, haha.
The Land: I took the ATV back into the woods to clock how far back we had ventured thus far and then pushed a little further. Our property is 4664 ft long, roughly 1 mile or 1.6 kms. (I just dashboard-ed that). I was at 1.3kms and that was really far. tons of land, although it wouldn't hurt to have 10 more acres, 13 is just fine and plenty. Just as a side note there are two or three houses for sale to the east of our property. Cheryl and I have said that it would be great if friends all bought them and that way we could do this together. Vacations would be easy then (with trading off chores), not that we have money to go on a vacation any time soon. Note: I did have time yesterday to figure out what needs to be planted for next year for both us and the chickens that we are going to get (Buff Orpingtons, a dual purpose bird, just incase you where wondering). Not all I need to do is till where the garden will be.
The rest of the day will be spent doing errands and indoor stuff as it continues to rain.
Yes! I can finally post comments from work! 'catch' any rabbits yet? Great blog so far...works been slow, so if you could just go ahead and create updates daily...that'd be great...mmmkay? haha
ReplyDelete